For over 30 years, Paragon Events Inc. has been committed to protecting the privacy and security of customer and attendee information, including processes relevant to personal data. Paragon Events Inc. has implemented a very robust set of policies, procedures, and protocols in order to ensure that our clients’ and attendee data remain safe and confidential. We appreciate and value how important privacy is to you and therefore, we protect your information as if it were our own.
This policy will explain why we need your data, how we use it, and your rights over it.
We will ensure that any information you submit to us remains private and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy. If you do not agree to the following policy, you may wish to cease viewing or using this website.
Key policy definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Paragon Events Inc.].
- “You”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
The Data Protection Policy employed by Paragon Events Inc. has been developed as an extension of our commitment to combine the finest quality services with the highest level of integrity in dealing with our clients, suppliers, associates, and staff. This policy has been updated to be in line with GDPR standards towards on-going commitment to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy guides you through how we collect, store, and use information about individuals and organizations. It will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices, and the evolving needs of everyone we work with.
Paragon Events Inc. serves as a “controller” of your personal information. Our address is 352 NE 3rd Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33444.
Our Data Protection Policy recognizes two kinds of personal data that deserve different levels of protection:
- Personally-Identifiable Information includes, for example, e-mail addresses, billing information, employment status, and ‘click stream’ data that tracks visitor activity on a website or online service.
- A subset of that category, Sensitive Data, deserves additional safeguards. Sensitive Data includes, by way of example, clients’ confidential information, including sexual orientation, bank account details, income tax and national insurance numbers, biometrics, race, religion, etc. If your relationship with us includes providing Paragon Events Inc. with Sensitive Data, we will protect that information with extra care. We will not distribute Sensitive Data outside of Paragon Events Inc. if you so request, and we will give you the chance to opt out of sharing this information within our own organization as well.
Paragon Events Inc. collects Personally-Identifiable Information and Sensitive Data only when there is a legitimate business reason to do so.
Notice: We will inform you about why we are collecting Personally-Identifiable Information and how we intend to use it. We may need to collect and store your name, address, and other basic Personally-Identifiable information, for example, to provide you with the service you have requested, as well as for billing purposes. Clients, customers, and attendees have the right to access or remove their data at any time.
Our legal basis to use your personal information:
We primarily need your information to allow us to perform our business contract with you and to enable that both parties comply with legal obligations. In some cases, we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own (for the efficient and effective operation of the business) or those of third parties, provided that your requests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Other purposes we use your information for:
- Establish and maintain communications with you;
- Providing requested content or services from Paragon Events Inc.;
- Respond to your inquiries about content and other services;
- Making proposals for future service needs;
- Administer your account;
- Communicate products or services that may be of interest or important to you;
- Process transactions through service providers;
- Register for conferences, training, and other events;
- Meet legal, security, processing, and regulatory requirements;
- Protect against fraudulent, suspicious, or other illegal activities;
- Compile statistics for analysis of our sites and our business;
- Communicate with our supplier partners, supporters, and collaborators to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- Provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you.
Note: We may use generic photographs captured at our events for promotional purposes. In the event we use identifiable images of individuals, we will have sought and obtained written consent.
If you fail to provide personal information:
The provision of information by you is a contractual requirement. If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract for services for you.
We take extra precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, email, phone, or through written documents, your information is protected both online and offline.
Any questions that gather “sensitive data,” will only be requested if the client or company, Paragon Events Inc. is working specifically with requests of said question(s) to be asked.
At Paragon Events Inc., we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for the purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. Under our obligations to protect your right to privacy, we are required to comply with certain privacy and electronic communications laws and regulations and therefore we process your data in accordance with them.
Depending on the activity, we will use the following reasons to process your information:
- You have given us consent to do so;
- We are processing your information so that we can fulfill our agreement in providing services to you;
- We need to comply with a legal obligation;
- We have a legitimate interest(s) to do so.
If there are any changes to the way that we process your data, other than what is included within this policy, or what was disclosed to you at the time of data collection, we will contact you.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted via a secure PCI compliant manner.
All direct payment gateways used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personally-Identifiable Information. The computers and servers in which we store Personally-Identifiable Information are kept in a secure environment.
While we will take all necessary and reasonable steps to protect your personal data, the nature of information transmission on the internet is such that we cannot fully guaranteed or warrant the security of any information transmitted.
We may contact and notify you regarding contracted services, to troubleshoot problems with contracted services, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes, we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, instant message, and postal mail.
We may share your information with third party suppliers when required to fulfil a contract with you; for example, supplying passport details to an airline for your guests if they are travelling internationally.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or disclosure is required by the third party to fulfill your request (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements.) Or when required in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
If and when we do share your information, we will ensure that all of your data is treated with the same high standards as if it were our own.
We may share your information with the following parties:
- Technology partners, who provide software in use for operating our business and providing services to our customers;
- Hoteliers, travel agencies, other related providers used to enable our services to you;
- Credit references agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies to assist us in challenging dishonesty;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites, if you decide to link the accounts.
The duration that your personal data is kept varies based on the use of the data and the services for which we are engaged.
Your rights in connection with personal information:
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
In any circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the below address.
Mail: Paragon Events Inc.
352 NE 3rd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444
In order to correctly process and ensure you are the data subject, we will need to verify your identity, which may include a request for photographic identity and a proof of address. Some examples are passport or driving license and a recent utility bill.
We only retain data as long as necessary, but will review your request accordingly and respond to you within a calendar month from the date we receive the information necessary to process your request.
If we do not take action regarding your request to erasure, we will provide the reasons for not doing so. You have the right to address this with the following regulatory entities:
European Citizens: European Data Protection Supervisor
United States Citizens (and others): The United States Federal Trade Commission and to seek to enforce this right through a judicial remedies.
Any personal data will only be transferred to other countries that are part of the EEA and therefore have adequate levels of security in place to protect your data. Any country outside of the EEA / EU that we share data with will be compliant with the level of security required for companies within https://ico.org.uk/registration/new it; this includes ensuring companies in the U.S. are members of the Privacy Shield scheme and other companies outside the U.S. have contractual obligations in place to provide the same security.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
If you do not agree to the processing of data about you by Google LLC in the manner and for the purposes set out above, you can select ‘disable cookies’ on your browser.
Additional cookies that we use are;
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. This data may be used to help optimize our website and make it easier for you to navigate.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make and personalize your experience.
- Third Party cookies: Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than Paragon Events Inc. These cookies may be used on our website to improve our products or services or to help us provide more relevant advertising. These cookies are subject to their respective privacy policies for these external services.
How to control cookie settings:
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences; however, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may impact your overall user experience.
Under GDPR, we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software or applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons, tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. When used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, IP addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations, will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences and the information we hold about you at any time. See the footer of any email marketing message to press the ‘SafeUnsubscribe’ link, otherwise please contact us at email@example.com.
Our EMS providers include Hubspot and Constant Contact. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address;
- Company Name;
- Company Address;
- Company Phone Number;
- Company Website;
- IP address;
- Subscription time & date.
Paragon Events Inc. will not sell personal data in any form, including mailing lists. All of its data are for internal use only.
Paragon Events Inc. will continue to oversee implementation of and compliance with our Policy and will adapt the Policy to reflect changes in technology and the expectations of everyone we collaborate with. To ensure that we are following our stated Policy, we also conduct periodic and random audits of our websites and other systems.
The Paragon Events Inc. Data Protection Policy has been developed out of respect for the privacy preferences and choices of our clients, suppliers, partners, candidates, associates, and staff. We have established procedures to ensure that every reasonable effort is made to address your concerns.
If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your information, please notify us immediately and preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may have the opportunity to address any issues or concerns directly with you.